Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I have been working on a lot of art

... But you won't get to see any of it :D

I've been having a bit of trouble with the Drop of Sunlight painting I was working on. For some reason, I just can't seem to get the facial features right. I've started and restarted the skin five times now. It's beginning to feel a lot like my book series... So I think I'm going to take a siesta from that one and do something else. If you don't feel it, you just don't feel it.

I've also been working on a notebook cover for my new school class, but have taken a break from THAT one to do a computer wallpaper for my brother for his birthday. But since he's usually lurking in my room, I can only work at it late at night. Which is why I'm writing this at 2:30 AM.

Then I have to write the lessons for my students and that requires a lot of time because I'm nitpicky. But they're all available on my DA page and also on the group I created for my students. They post their work there, so drop by from time to time to check them out.

OH! My portrait of Tarja Turunen was part of a Member Feature on DeviantArt. I was really surprised, since that's a fairly old painting and I can see a lot of mistakes on it now...

... That's really it. You can't see any of my new stuff yet. I'll post the wallpaper after my bro's b-day since I know of at least several people who will appreciate it, but of course I can't until then or he might see it.

In the meantime, here's a speedpaint of a butterfly. I'm getting better at speedpainting and I really enjoy it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

"You see things and you say 'Why?' But I dream things that never were, and I say 'Why not?'"

~ George Bernard Shaw