Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Drop of Sunlight WIP - basic coloring and some shading begun

I'm much faster than I used to be. Half a year ago, this would have taken me at least three days. I can already see one serious problem that I am going to obsess over for at least that much time, though: The nose. I am abysmal at noses. They're so weird looking. But anyway, here's the update.


Also, random tip: If you ever want to color anything black or white, DO NOT actually use black or white! Your blacks should really be dark blues, purples, browns, etc depending on your work. Your whites should reflect the color of your light source in very light yellows, blues, pinks, etc (unless they're in the shadows, in which case they should reflect your shadow colors).

Of course, that doesn't apply if you're actually doing a black and white picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"You see things and you say 'Why?' But I dream things that never were, and I say 'Why not?'"

~ George Bernard Shaw